Sunday, December 13, 2009

gobble gobble

It's been forever since I last blogged D: Now that I'm home for winter break... I can catch up a bit!

I'll start from... Thanksgiving. My family is pretty large, so we usually have 2 parties for everything so... one for my mom's side and one for my dad's! Double the fun!! For some reason at my uncle's house, there were lots of grapefruits. That's not a very Thanksgiving-like food. Anyway, so we start peeling away and just eating them non-stop after our 5 rounds of dinner.

When I was a little kid, my dad used to scoop out the inside and put the grapefruit peel on my head like a hat. Reminiscing the old times, we asked my dad to make a hat, but then I thought we could be a little bit more innovative with my dad's fruit carving skills... and this is what happened.



For some reason, we're doing the YMCA pose. I'm sporting the curly French moustache. Next to me, my sister is wearing one of the melon hats. They don't really fit as well since she doesn't have a baby-sized head anymore... My dad has a Hitler-inspired moustache and my cousin on the far right has a Confucius moustache. Now that I look at our picture... this could look very racist/stereotypical/offensive. This is all just in good fun though!

There's still more to update about, but I'll save that for later!

No comments:

Post a Comment