Saturday, May 22, 2010

on my way to china!

I finally made it! I usually deal with long flights well, but I'm sick (an intense cold, perhaps?) and I couldn't wait to get off! The reason why my flight was extra long was 'cause my dad didn't book my flight early enough and I had to make a 5 hour stop in Japan (which I would usually really really love).

The stop there wasn't completely horrible though! I am now pretty familiar with the Narita airport haha I've walked to like every corner of the international flights portion of the airport. One day, I'll explore the domestic side!

The best part of wandering around was coming across the Narita Origami Museum! It was amazing!! I loved it so much I kept taking pictures of it like a freak. I have tons of pictures, but I'll put up a few here and the rest will be on Facebook! All in all, I need to go to a bigger origami museum.




Also, it was kind of crazy figuring out how to get to my dorm 'cause I had to talk to the taxi cab driver :( He was the first person I have ever spoken to with a real Beijing accent and if I couldn't understand him/he couldn't understand me, we'd pretty much hit a roadblock (haha unintentional pun) :( Fortunately, he was a nice guy and we had some interesting small talk :) Except he's a freakin beast and drove hella fast and pretty much like wove through traffic like a psycho, I thought I was going to die!

Here I am, alive the next morning and I can feel it, it's gonna be sooo hot today (or well everyday!)

No comments:

Post a Comment